perjantai 16. toukokuuta 2014

Bee's Knees

BEE'S KNEES

Bee's Knees taken outside in the garden

Bee's Knees taken inside at the "usual spot"

A pleasant Friday to each and everyone! For some time now I wanted to make some sugar syrups and namely honey syrup. I've had a few ideas (recipes) where to incorporate this and this morning I managed to make a small batch of both simple and honey syrup as follows:

From left to right: Vanilla sugar syrup (made on the 4th of Feb., yea still tasted good), honey syrup and simple syrup
As said, sugar syrup (or simple syrup) is easily made: Just add boiling water to sugar/honey in a 1:1 ratio. For a rich syrup, use a double amount of sugar for each part of water. Lasts at least for one week. I mean, it's only sugar and water, keep it refrigerated and it'll easily last for a month (as proven, the vanilla version is over three months old and still tasted like on the day I made it.

Inspired by this, I looked up a cocktail that uses honey syrup. One that intrigued me much was the Bee's Knees. I had the ingredients and said, why the heck not? So I introduce you to the Bee's Knees:

  • 6 cl gin
  • 2 cl honey syrup
  • 1.5 cl lemon juice (I used lime juice)
Add the ingredients in a shaker, add ice, shake and strain. No garnish needed.

First things first. Amazingly this cocktail smells like one of those honey flavored candies I remembered from my youth-hood. In addition, despite the fact this drink is very cold, it had a warm feel to it. The taste is wonderful and refreshing! Not overly sweet, has a bite and a smooth taste of gin.

I think I'll make a few for my friends this Sunday and see what they think of it. I bet they'll love it.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti